Monday, October 12, 2009

The greatest thing I have ever....

done...is jump out a window with Sarah G. It was a cold, dark, stormy night when we did the deed. Sarah and I sat in the darkness fearing for our lives. People were pounding, beating the door. Sarah whispered, "We have to get away. I have an idea." I sat near the wall, just watching her, to see what she would do. She crawled across the floor to the base of the window. Slowly she stood up next to the wall. I studied her across the room as she pulled the screen up.
She set the screen on the floor and beckoned to me, as she slid the window slowly open. I ran across the room to her, just as she was jumping. "Hurry up." she hissed. I crawled out the window to join her, and finally we were free! Or at least we thought so. Sirens rang out and we heard people yelling at us. We looked up to see the police, their faces bright red with anger. I looked up at Sarah with complete dread. We were done for...

No comments: